The 7th Day

 

A MOTIVATIONAL STORY A WEEK.

Name:
Location: Darjeeling, India

Available for the time being

 

Forgiven

Monday, April 17, 2006

1 Blessed is he
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.

2 Blessed is the man
whose sin the LORD does not count against him
and in whose spirit is no deceit.

Psalm 32:1-2

I came across an interesting anecdote about a grave in a town somewhere. What is unique about that grave is that the headstone doesn't have a name or date but only the letters - FORGIVEN. Isn't that nice? Just one word and yet it conveys so much. This one word portrays the entire life of this person. He/She could have been a simple person (like most of us) and may have borne grudges against another fellow being or another may have borne a grudge against him. Honestly, we are all just like him/her, afterall we too are human. We may hold grudges against one another or even God. Such is life.

This simple tells us another thing. This person truly must have rested in peace. It is indeed a great feeling to be forgiven.

3 When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.

4 For day and night
your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Psalm 32:3-4


We are all guilty of doing something we should never have done. Yet we carry on with our lives, bitter and tense. We seek help everywhere - professional or otherwise. We desparately want someone to hear our pleas. We may look hale and hearty on the outside, yet deep inside something eats us away. Everybody seems helpful but none actually are. It is time we tried God. Have you spoken to Him lately? He is just and forgiving. Go ahead, try Him.

5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess
my transgressions to the LORD "—
and you forgave
the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5

He will forgive. Infact you have already been FORGIVEN.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

Emporium Armani - Save up to 53% off!